Course Title: Intercultural Communication
Course Prerequisites: A Guide to English-Speaking Countries
Total Semester Credit Hours: 32
Lecture Hours: 32
Experiment/ Computer Hours: 0
Intercultural Communication is an elective course for English undergraduates. With the integration of theory and case study, this course will focus on the analyses of the cultural differences in reality. The aim of this course is to help students cope with the various problems stemming from cultural differences, to equip students with the basic knowledge and skills for those intricacies in international communication and to encourage students to have an insight into the misunderstandings between people from different cultures. With the completion of this course, students’ command of the English language and culture will be enhanced.
Textbooks and Course Materials:
1. 庄恩平，Nan M.Sussman（美）. 跨文化沟通 [M]. 北京: 外语教学与研究出版社, 2014. (Zhuang Enping, Nan M.Sussman. Intercultural Communication Beijing: Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press, 2014.3)
2. 朱世达. 当代美国文化（修订版）. 北京: 社会科学文献出版社. 2011. (Zhu Shida. Contemporary American Culture. Beijing: Social Sciences Academic Press, 2011.)
3. Linell Davis. Doing Culture – Cross-cultural Communication In Action. Beijing: Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press, 2005.
4. 许力生. 新编跨文化交际英语教程（修订版）. 上海: 上海外语教育出版社. 2009. (Xu Lisheng. Intercultural Communication in English. Shanghai: Shanghai Foreign Language Education Press, 2009.)
5. 袁明. 美国文化与社会十五讲. 北京：北京大学出版社. 2003. (Yuan Ming. Lectures on American Culture and Society. Beijing: Peking University Press, 2003)
Written by: Cao Le