English Academic Forefront Course Description
Course Title: English Academic Forefront
Course Prerequisite: English Linguistics，English literature，Translation
Total Semester Credit Hours: 16
Lecture Hours: 16
Experiment/ Computer Hours: 0
English Academic Forefront is a professional development course, as well as a specialized independent subject for senior English majors. It is a general course in this program. It aims to encourage students to follow up on and grasp the area of recent developments and methodology as well as study latest research directions and results, It is hoped this will further develop their academic horizons, cultivate an innovative spirit and inspire scientific research ideas.
Professors or doctors of philosophy who have long been engaged in linguistics, translation, Chinese and Western literature, culture and other research areas are invited to carry out the seminars. The frontiers of the field of English disciplines and analysis of hot issues and key difficult issues will be focused upon. Students are required to read appropriate literature according to the lecture theme, prepare their base knowledge prior to the lecture, and actively participate in the Q & A session of the seminar topic, thus cultivating a spirit of innovation, as well as inspiring and improving the scientific research ideas and abilities of the students.
Textbooks and Course Materials:
1. 陈新仁. 英语语言学实用教程[M]. 苏州: 苏州大学出版社,2015.
2. 戴炜栋, 何兆熊. 新编简明英语语言学教程[M]. 上海: 上海外语教育出版社, 2010.
3. 杨信彰. 语言学概论[M]. 北京: 高等教育出版社, 2004.
4. 卢植. 应用语言学[M]. 广州: 暨南大学出版社, 2011.
5. 于根元. 应用语言学前沿问题[M]. 北京: 中国经济出版社, 2006.
6. N. Schmitt. 应用语言学入门[M]. London: Arnold.北京: 世界图书出版公司, 2008.
7. Graeme Kennedy. 语料库语言学入门[M]. 北京: 外语教学与研究出版社,2000.
8. 陶洁. 美国文学选读(第三版[M]). 北京: 高等教育出版社,2011.
9. 许钧. 翻译概论[M]. 北京：外语角教学与研究出版社,2010.
10. 陈福康. 中国译学理论史稿[M]. 上海: 上海外语教育出版社, 2008.
Written by: Yan Minfen