Contrast and Translation between Chinese and English Course Description
Course Title: Contrast and Translation between Chinese and English
Course Prerequisites: Linguistics; Cross-cultural Communication
Total Semester Credit Hours: 32
Lecture Hours: 32
Experiment/ Computer Hours: 0
Contrast and Translation between Chinese and English is an elective course in the translation and interpreting module for junior English major students. It is designed to familiarize students with the basic principles and methodology for contrastive analysis. This will enable them to develop an understanding of the differences and similarities between Chinese and English at the systemic, lexical, grammatical, pragmatic and cultural levels. This will enhance their awareness of the link between contrastive analysis and translation to improve their translating skills and quality.
Textbooks and Course Materials:
1. 邵志宏. 汉英对比翻译导论[M]. 上海：华东理工大学出版社，2016.
2. 连淑能. 英汉对比研究[M]. 北京：高等教育出版社，2004.
3. 刘宓庆. 新编汉英对比与翻译[M]. 北京：中国对外翻译出版公司，2006.
4. Ke Ping. Contrastive Linguistics[M]. Nanjing: Nanjing Normal University, 2007.
5. Chen Dezhang. Contrastive Linguistics between Chinese and English[M]. Beijing: Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press, 2011.
Written by: Sun Zhixiang